Are you searching for the best reloading press kit? In this post, we will review some of the top options to help you narrow your search.
Whether you are a hunter, gun enthusiast or an outdoorsman, recycling your ammunition is way cheaper than continually buying rounds. This is where a reloading press skit comes in. A reloading kit is a press that lets you load your rounds for whatever caliber you need. Reloading press kits increase your precision level but are also a great level of getting more engaged in shooting art.
The fact that there are so many reloading press kits available in the market, choosing the best one can be pretty challenging. Here are the best reloading press kits to choose from:
Best Reloading Press Kit
1) RCBS 9354 RC Supreme Master Kit
The Rock Chucker Supreme Press has been lengthened to enable easy loading of today’s longer cartridge designs. It is suitable for beginners and professions and has an easy operation, brilliant strength and ambidextrous handle. Regardless of your skill level, you will get whatever you need from the Rock Chucker.
It ensures that you become a successful reloader.
- Case lube kit
- Universal Case Load Block
- M500 Mechanical Scale
- Powder funnel
- Hand Priming Tool
- Hex Key Set
- Includes nosler #7 reloading manual
- Outstanding strength
- Easy to operate
- Scale could be better
2) Lee Precision Breech Lock Challenger Kit
The Lee Precision Breech Lock Challenger Kit includes the Breech Lock Challenger Press, and one Breech Lock quick change bushing. It offers a complete powder handling system and has the perfect powder measure that is most convenient and repeatable.
It also has the Lee safety scale, the most sensitive and safest of all powder scales. Case preparation tools include a cutter and lock stud for trimming your cases.
Lee chamfer tool chamfers the inside and outside of the case mouth and includes a premium sizing tube. A small and large primer pocket cleaning tool completes the case preparation package.
- Ideal for those who prefer to prime off the press
- Includes the Breech Lock Challenger Press and one Breech Lock quick change bushing
- Includes a set of 11 Auto-Prime Shell Holders
- Measures 14.17x 14.17 x 9.84 inches
- Provides a complete powder handling system
- Powder funnel
- Red in color
- Handle could be better
3) Lyman Brass Smith Ideal Reloading Press Kit
Lyman’s Ideal Reloading Kit is a great starter for new reloaders. It has all the tools essential for you but never outgrows as you increase your experience. The kit includes Lyman’s new Ideal Press equipped with a rugged 1” ram and able to handle all pistol and rifle cartridges up to 3.700” in length.
It also comes with the new Brass Smith Powder Measure, E-ZEE Prime Hand Priming Tool, Pocket Touch 1500 digital scale with Funnel Pan and dipper, 50th Edition Reloading Handbook and the Case Prep Multi-Tool, loading block and Quick Slick Case Lube.
- Enables you to save largely
- Includes Lyman’s new Ideal Press that has a rugged 1” ram and is able to hold pistol and rifle cartridges with up to 3.700” in length
- Includes the Lyman 50th edition Reloading Handbook
- Includes a Pocket Touch 1500 Scale with funnel pan and dipper
- Includes new Lyman’s Brass Smith Powder measure
- Measures 19.61x 11.57x 10 inches
4) Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Reloading Press Kits
The Lock-N-Load Classic is both dependable and precise with its uniquely angled, solid cast frame that provides greater visibility and easier access to the cartridge. It is made to guarantee perfect die and shell holder alignment. Its Lock-N-Load quick change bushing system also ensures the process is easy and quick.
It has an alloy frame that has a high strength to provide the rigidity and stability required for precision reloading and is assured to never break or fail. The frame has a unique angle that provides greater visibility for the reloader and easier access to the cartridge in the press.
In addition, the kit is ideal for the reloading novice and provides everything you need to get started.
The Lock-N-Load Bushings enable you to switch from one die to another in just a matter of seconds and also provide the quickest and easiest die setup on the market
- Strong angles frame that provides rigidity and stability
- Handheld priming Tool
- Positive Priming System
- Universal Reloading Block
- Chamfer and Deburr Tool
- Primer Catcher
- Shell holders in the most popular sizes
- Bushings and Sure-Loc rings
- Lock N Load Quick change bushing system
- Innacurate scale
5) RCBS 9356 Rock Chucker Supreme Press
The Rock Chucker has a durable cast iron construction, guaranteeing exceptional strength and versatility. It accounts for today’s longer cartridges as it has a 4.25-inch loading window making reloading more efficient.
This kit also has a press frame that offers a full four inches of ram-bearing surface to support the one-inch diameter main ram rigidly.
It is easy to use for anyone a sit and has an ambidextrous o-frame design. It is perfect for both beginners and pros.
- Designed with the highest quality materials
- Hunting reloading presses
- Handle is made of solid steel and has a ball-type handle grip that is comfortable
- Has outstanding strength and versatility
- Perfect for beginners and pros as well
- Can be upgraded to a progressive loader with the addition of a Piggyback-4
- Specifically for heavy-duty reloading, bullet swaging and case forming
- Small size
6) LEE PRECISION Classic Turret Press Kit
This is the perfect kit for you to start reloading. The Classic turret press is fast and convenient when loading handgun cartridges with rates over 250 rounds per hour possible. It includes the Pro Auto Drum powder measure and riser, ideal for all handgun and small rifle cartridges. Large and Small Safety Prime are included making on-press priming easy.
In addition, changing calibers is a snap due to the instant change of turrets. It is revised with all new load data covering 167 cartridges with over 28.000 loads. The case conditioning tools prepare your brass for loading.
- Made in the U.S.A
- Includes the Pro Auto-Drum powder measure and riser that is ideal for all handguns and small rifle cartridges
- Perfect for beginners in reloading
- Fast and convenient when loading handgun cartridges
- Press priming is easy due to the Large and Small Safety Prim
- Cartridge specific case length gauge completes it
- Instant change turrets make it a snap to change calibers
- Starter kit
7) Hornady 095100 Lock-N-Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press
This high-performance reloading press gives you a smooth feel of responsiveness. It also has a rugged construction and is very powerful. The Power-Pac Linkage System multiplies and accelerates the leverage you apply to the handle.
The AP has automatic indexing, priming and ejection, ensuring you get a precisely loaded round with every pull of the handle.
The press also has a reliable EZject System that always delivers 100% reliable ejection of each cartridge without any adjustments.
It nonetheless has a case retainer spring that lets to remove or insert a case at any point in the loading press easily and quickly. Case-activated powder drop dispenses a powder charge only in the presence of a cartridge.
- EZject system that is reliable
- Universal Case Retainer Spring
- Automatic indexing
- Quick Change Lock-N-Load Bushing System
- Quick Change Metering Inserts
- Case Activated Powder Drop
- Built-in priming system
- Hopper with a large capacity
- 5 station bushing system allows you to change from 223 to 45 in less than 5 minutes
- Auto-progressive reloading press for loading other calibers and switching dies quickly
- Learning curve
8) RCBS Rebel Master Reloading Kit_9251
This kit is a simple solution for beginners in reloading and pros. It contains more than 14 products to begin your reloading journey. It lets you save largely as you do not have to buy kit pieces individually.
- Versatile hence ideal for both beginners and pros
- 2 primer pocket brushes
- Universal case loading block
- 1500-grain digital scale
- Universal powder funnel
- Fold-up hex key set
- Accessory handle with case neck brushes
- Heavy-duty rebel single-stage press
- Not very durable
9) LEE PRECISION Value 4 Hole Turret Kit 90928
The Lee Precision Deluxe 4 Hole Turret Press Kit is large enough to handle monster-belted magnum rifle cases. It is the perfect handgun loading, and you can load over 200 rounds per hour if you are an experienced reloader.
- Includes Lee Safety Scale
- Heavy duty construction
- Measures 15.2x 8.4x 7.5 inches
- Suitable for handgun loading
- The auto index can be disabled in seconds and then re-enabled in a similar amount of time
- Large enough to handle monster belted magnum rifle cases
- Red in color
- Quality control issues
Factors to Consider When Selecting the Best Reloading Press Kit
Volume of production
Evaluate how much ammunition you plan to produce against how much experience you have as a reloader. You will have the ability to produce thousands of rounds per hour with a progressive press. These are, however, the most expensive presses on the market and are somewhat impractical if you are shooting once a week or once every two weeks. Progressive presses are also complicated to use and do not have much wiggle room for error.
The best option for the average shooter, even intermediate reloaders, is the turret press. With these, you can produce from 100 to 500 rounds per hour with less practice time. They are also not high in cost and can be equipped with aftermarket accessories to cover a range of calibers and increase the rate of production.
If you are solely loading for handguns, having high clearance for longer cartridges should not be a concern as you make a purchase. If you are primarily loading rifle rounds, look for something with a rigid design and slower loading style to get the accuracy needed for long-range shooting.
Price and skill level
The single press is the cheapest option and is great for novices. It also produces highly accurate ammunition.
The turret press is for beginners and intermediate-level reloaders. It is a bit more expensive and takes patience and practice, but it increases your production levels greatly.
The progressive press is the most expensive and is mainly for professionals and experts ready to increase their output greatly.
The price of your skill level will likely correlate with your skill level upon purchase.
Brand and warranty
You will want to consider customer reviews, warranties and brand longevity. A reloading press is a long-term investment, and you obviously want to be able to buy accessories when you are ready to upgrade.
In addition, a warranty is not a warranty unless it has customer service to back it up. You may find a product with a lifetime warranty, but when a piece breaks, it takes you years to get a response from customer service. Hence, that warranty doesn’t mean much.
Benefits of the Best Reloading Press Kit
Buying bullets can cost a lot but making them is more effective nowadays. You can save more money depending on the caliber you use. You can also re-use your brass with a reloading press. In addition, you are also able to choose gunpowder and the primers by yourself.
Reloading press kits can save you from finding an obsolete bullet source.
A reloading press helps save the cost of ammunition. You can save the cost up to 3 times less than the regular cost.
Control over ballistic, dimension and consistency
Reloading ammo can open up a wide range of possibilities for a shooter. You get great control over the gun and cartridge dimensions when you have a reloading press. You are also able to streamline your loading process. In addition, you also get the utmost accuracy and a specific and perfect combination of powder, bullet and overall length of the ammo. In addition, you are also able to sort cases according to their thickness.
Reloading press kits thus provide limitless possibilities for you and a lot of customization options.
FAQs on the Best Reloading Press Kit
1) What is auto-indexing on a reloading press?
When indexing, you move the dies to the next position in the reloading process. Auto indexing means that you will advance to the next step automatically without having to manually move or reposition the die.
2) Where should I mount a reloading press?
The press should be mounted on a sturdy table or workbench with plenty of room so that your feet and elbows move around. You will also want to have a minimum of 8 to 10 inches around your workspace so that you have room for all your components. Also, ensure that there is a room above the press to extend fully.
After finding a space to fit these parameters, clamp down the press, drill the sized holes appropriately through the bench, and bolt them into place.
Another alternative is to simply mount your press using C-clamps.
Reloading your ammunition delivers great precision and helps you save money in the long haul. If you are an aspiring or a professional reloader, check out the reloading press kits elucidated above, as they are certainly the best.