Do you want to buy the best ammo reloading kit? We will review some of the top options that will deliver value for the money you spend.
A reloading press loads any ammunition by manually assembling each of the components, such as powder, primer, hull or case. Using a reloading press is an economical option and the best stable option. Choosing the best reloading press means that you are spending currency equivalent to your target count, and you also get to practice limitlessly.
Here are the best reloading kits for ammunition:
Best Ammo Reloading Kit
1) Hornady Lock-N-Load Classic Reloading Press Kits
The Lock-N-Load Classic is perfect for beginners and those who want complete control of the entire process. It has a uniquely angled and solid frame that delivers dependability and precision and provides greater visibility and easier access to the cartridge.
Lock-N-Load bushings enable you to switch from one die to another in a blink of an eye. They also provide the quickest and easiest die setup on the market. It also has Power-Pac Linkage and solid steel arms. The Power-Pac linkage design multiplies the leverage you apply to the handle making it easier to size cases and reducing fatigue.
Nevertheless, it has a strong angled frame that provides the rigidity and stability required for precision reloading and is guaranteed to never break or fail.
- Decorative Tin sign
- Powder measure stand
- Kinetic Bullet puller
- Measures 13.5x 11.25x 18 inches
- Powder trickler
- Powder funnel
- Self-aligning primer allows easy manual insertion of primers
- Takes some time to learn how to use it effectively.
2) RCBS 9354 RC Supreme Master Kit
The kit has everything you need to load like a pro. It has been lengthened to easily load today’s longer cartridge designs. It has incredible strength and versatility and is ideal for both beginners and pros.
- Easy to operate
- Ambidextrous handle
- M500 Mechanical scale
- Hex Key Set
- Powder funnel
- Case Lube Kit
- Hand Priming tool
- Uniflow Powder Measure
- Universal Case Load Block
- Scale could be better
3) Hornady 095100 Lock-N-Load Auto-Progressive Reloading Press
This high-performance machine ensures smooth responsiveness and has a rugged construction. The Power-Pac linkage system multiplies and accelerates the leverage applied to the handle. Every pull of the handle gives you a precisely loaded round due to the automatic indexing, priming and ejection.
Lock-N-Load AP has a 5-station quick change bushing system that enables quick and easy changeovers from 223 to 45 in less than 5 minutes.
Additionally, the case retainer enables you to remove or insert a case quickly and easily at any point in the loading process.
Case-activated powder drop dispenses a powder charge only in the presence of a cartridge.
- Quick change metering inserts
- Quick change Lock-N-Load Bushing
- Automatic indexing
- Case-activated power drop
- EZject system that is reliable
- Universal case retainer ring
4) LEE PRECISION Anniversary Challenger Kit II
The Kit has a strong O-frame press with a larger-than-average opening angled at 30 degrees for maximum hand clearance. Compound leverage performs full-length sizing easily, even on the largest magnum cases.
There is a primer catcher that is built in and easy to empty. Case preparation tools include a cutter and lock stud for trimming cases, a tube of premium sizing lube and primer pocket cleaner.
You also get one Breech Lock Quick Change Bushing that makes changing dies a snap and finishes the task in seconds. You will never have to adjust the die again once mounted on the die unless you want to. It is time-saving, eliminates guesswork and ensures the consistency of the reloaded product. You save time you could have used to fiddle and instead spend it cranking out rounds.
- Power funnel to fill the case
- Chamfer tool covers the inside and outside of the case mouth
- Lee Safety Scale that is very sensitive
- Primer catcher is built in and easy to empty
- O-frame press for maximum hand clearance
- Inaccurate scale
5) Frankford Arsenal M-Press Coaxial Reloading Press
This press is made to deliver the most precise reloading experience for serious reloaders. The floating die system enables bullet and case alignment, minimizes runout and produces the most accurate ammunition.
Switching from resizing, seating or crimping with 3 removable die blocks is simple.
It has an ambidextrous top handle, making reloading smooth for left- and right-handed reloaders. The square clamps are spring-loaded with various case-size recesses that enable you to use small, medium, large or magnum-sized cases without individual shell holders.
An aluminum construction and an Allen set to ensure that all three die blocks are set and stored without worrying about getting them moved.
- Easy to use
- Measures 18.3x 11.22x 6.2 inches
- Durable due to the heavy-duty construction
- Empty spent primer tray
- Easy to clean up without having to disassemble the whole process
- Switch between small to magnum pistol or rifle-sized cases with just a turn of a dial
- Small handle
6) Lyman All American 8 Turret Press for Reloading
This All-American 8 is made out of heavy-duty cast iron. It has a turret bolt that is easily removed to make it simple to swap turrets. It accommodates two complete 4-die sets or up to four 2-die sets.
In addition, there is a rigid cast iron frame below the turret housing a 1” diameter ram and compound linkage. The frame is large enough to work with long rifle cartridges. You will feel the tight, precise fit and smooth operation when you work the press handle.
Nonetheless, the 8 press has a straight-line primer feed that is very reliable and simple to use. The primer feed also has a heavy steel shield surrounding the primer tubes for added safety. It also has a comfortable handle.
- Heavy duty cast iron frame and turret
- Accommodates two complete 4 die sets or up to four 2 die sets
- Powder coat finish is durable
- Straight line primer feed with small and large primer tubes
- Extra-large 8 station turret is removed easily to swap turrets easily
- Comfortable ball handle that can be positioned for either right or left-hand use
7) Redding Reloading Boss-Pro-Pak Reloading Kit
This kit lasts a lifetime as it has a cast iron construction. It is powerful, extremely easy to use and sensitive enough to seat primers without crushing them. 36-degree frame offset provides all comparable presses with the best visibility and access. The smart primer arm automatically moves in and out of position with ram travel.
It has a comfortable offset handle. Also, it has 3 holes for rigid mounting.
- No dies or SH
- Measures 19x 12.5x 7 inches
- Made of cast iron that is durable
- Very easy to use
- The rigid cast iron frame gives the best visibility
- Comfortable handle
- Funnel could be better
8) RCBS Rebel Single Stage Press
This rebel press is perfect for every hand holder due to its ambidextrous handle. It has a solid cast iron frame that is machined to exact tolerances. The bottom of the ram primer ejection system ensures that no primers are spent on the workspace. It also includes a zerk fitting conveniently found when lubrication is required.
- Machined qualified surfaces for tight tolerances
- Bottom of the ram primer ejection
- Handle is ambidextrous
- Heavy duty cast iron frame with a wide base to ensure stability
- Biggest O-Frame opening of any standard-size RCBS single-stage press
- Measures 17.2x 9.2x 6.2 inches
- Green in color
- Small size
9) RCBS 9356 Rock Chucker Supreme Press
The Rock Chucker has a durable cast iron construction, ensuring exceptional strength and versatility. It is easy to use for anyone as it has an ambidextrous o-frame design.
Reloading with this press is more efficient because, with a 4.25-inch loading window, it accounts for today’s longer cartridges. With it, you will be on the fast track to becoming a pro.
- Made of high-quality materials hence durable
- Hunting reloading presses
- Provides a full four inches of ram-bearing surface to support the one-inch diameter main ram rigidly
- Handle is comfortable as it has a ball-type handle grip and is made of solid steel
- Strong and versatile
- Specifically for heavy-duty reloading, bullet swaging and case forming
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Ammo Reloading Kit
Ammo reloading kits are not cheap toys. So, you need one that can stand the test of time. The repetitive mechanical nature of a reloading kit has to resist user error and bad materials pushed through it.
A reloading kit should have the needed accessories for the reloader to begin working as quickly as possible. You should ideally get all the accessories you need to start reloading right out of the box. These include case sizing lube, powder measure and funnel, bullet puller, and reloading manual.
Quality of the accessories
It is a good thing to have plenty of accessories. That saves you time and effort in purchasing these parts and tools separately. However, it is not that helpful if these accessories are of low quality. These tools may considerably slow down the work with frequent mistakes, and you may end up with substandard reloaded ammo.
These accessories should also last longer, so you don’t have to keep replacing them.
Price and skill level
The price of your reloading kit will likely correlate with your skill level upon purchase. The single-stage press is the cheapest option and is great for novices. It produces highly accurate ammunition.
The turret press is for intermediate-level loaders and newbies. It is a little more expensive but greatly increases your production levels.
The progressive press is the most expensive. It is mainly for pros and experts ready to increase their output greatly.
If you are solely loading for handguns, having high clearance for longer cartridges should be a concern when buying. If you are primarily loading rifle rounds, you may want to look for something like the classic RCBS Rock Chucker, The rigid design of this single-stage press and slower loading style gives you the accuracy you need for long-range shooting.
Pros of Best Ammo Reloading Kit
These kits are made of high-quality materials such as cast iron, making them stand the test of time.
Most of these kits have a comfortable handle that is ideal for left- and right-handed users.
Come with high-quality accessories
These include case sizing lube, powder measure and funnel and reloading manual. They are of high quality and save you time and effort used for purchasing the tools separately.
Easy to set up
The kits can be set up easily in a blink of an eye.
Enable you to get more accuracy
Hand loading enables you to achieve much high consistency and accuracy with your loads.
Many people get into reloading their own ammo because they enjoy it. There is something almost therapeutic about sitting down at watching piles of separate components come together to make your own ammunition.
Cons of reloading kits for ammunition
- Some of the kits are prone to jamming
- Some can have problems with seating primers
FAQs on the Best Ammo Reloading Kit
1) Where should I mount a reloading press?
You will want to mount your press on a table or sturdy workbench so that you have plenty of room for your feet and elbows to move around. Also, leave a minimum of 8 to 10 inches around your workspace to have room for all your components. Nonetheless, ensure that there is a room above the press so that it extends fully. After finding a place to fit these parameters, clamp down the press, drill the appropriately sized holes through the bench, and bolt it into place.
2) How do I know how much powder to use for my rounds?
You need a reloading manual to get the precise recipe for various calibers. You can also get other technical details, such as the required case length.
3) What reloading press do professionals use?
The type of reloading press used by pros is as diverse as the presses themselves. Long range rifle shooters tend to lean on the side of single stage presses that increase their overall accuracy.
Finding the right reloading kit for ammunition is really important. The reloading kits elucidated above are the best you can get, as they last a long time and have amazing features.